Alexandria's school put together a talent show and Alex decided she wanted to be in it. It just so happened that the performance was on the night of her birthday. There were many practices involved but it was definitely worth it because she was fantastic. I was so proud of her. I was pretty shocked when she approached me a few months back wanting to do this. Alex is very shy and for her to perform a dance in front of many people was really being brave for her and stepping out of her comfort zone.
The decorations for the talent show were poster boards that the kids made. Alex did a dance to the "Kim Possible" song so naturally her poster board was a picture of Kim Possible and few other characters from the cartoon. Alex's costume was exactly like Kim Possibles and of course, I sprayed her hair orange like Kim Possible.
When we got home from the talent show, we did cake and ice cream. I made a chocolate cake and decorated it with "Littlest Pet shop" toys that we had.
Hopefully you can see what this is...a tree with grass, flowers and clouds. That's a frog in the grass and a monkey in the tree hanging on a vine.
I did the best job I could. I am not much of a cake decorator.
Before going to the talent show, Alex opened her presents. She has been wanting a stereo for her room. She has probably asked for this for the last 2 years or so. We finally bought one for her. Not sure why it took us so long but now she has one. We also got her a "Taylor Swift" CD. She loves Taylor Swift.
It's hard to imagine that she is already 7 years old. She is growing up so fast maybe that is why it took us so long to get her a stereo for her room, not because the cost but for us it opens up a new stage of life. But I am glad that she still likes barbies and dolls. I think we are safe for a little while longer.
So it has been a little over a month since giving her the stereo and can I say that it's what I wake up to every morning...So loud that I am calling from the kitchen to turn it down.
We love you Alexandria and Happy Birthday

2 comments:
She did do a fabulous job with her Kim Possible dance. I was surprised to read that she's shy. I've never thought that about her--she's always so outgoing whenever I see her. Knowing that about her makes her talent show performance even more impressive!
Oh, and I think you did a great job on her cake!!!
Post a Comment