Sunday, June 13, 2010

Brady's Early 5th Birthday Party

Brady's real birthday isn't until July 5. I know that is still 3 weeks away but with school ending this Tuesday and everyone having different summer schedules, we decided to do his party early with hopes that everyone would be able to come. And we succeeded. All his friends were able to come and it was a great night. Again, picture needs to be rotated...but being that we had his party at the pool we decided to make it a little easier and do cupcakes.
Oh and the theme other then the pool was iron man. So we put iron man rings on each cupcake.
In our neighborhood we have several community pools but the mushroom pool is the best for kids. Well Brady has been in love with the pool since day 1. He was so upset last year when it closed for the season and he had to wait 6 months for it to open again.
I think he had been planning his birthday party at the pool all year.
So here is Brady with all his friends.
Here are a few of his friends in front of the mushroom. You can see Alex in the background being the center of attention kind of like Brady at Alex's party....
We were very lucky because the weather was expected to have thunder and lightening around the time of the party. We had a few thunder issues where we had to exit the pool but it worked perfect because the kids got to eat pizza and have cupcakes. So it didn't interfere with the party and the kids still had plenty of time to swim.
This is a smaller part of the pool for the little ones. So some of our friends hung out there.
Brady taking a break and enjoying some food with Grayson.
Brady and Ethan eating chips and fruit. Another friend of Brady's Justin is in the background with his sister Kaylee. Kaylee is in Alexandria's first grade class at school.
More chillin and eating...

Singing Happy Birthday to Brady...I had a candle but forgot the matches so we just sang.
My 2 sweet little babies. I think Brady is tired of the camera and just wanted me to take the picture.
More friends, Sisters Evelyn and Lily.
I thought the chocolate faces was too cute.
Brady with Ethan and JJ being boys.
Boys will be boys
The kids love playing in the pool with dad.
The birthday boy...almost 5.
I am sure this early birthday thing is a little confusing. We did the same thing last year. Last year he thought at his party he turned 4 and his real birthday he turned 5. It took a little explaining to convince him that he was still 4.
But I think it's good this year. He seems to understand a little better now.
opening presents....
more presents.....
We missed sharing a birthday with you, Cambria.....That was an awesome party last year. Brady still talks about it. We miss you guys.
Thanks to all Brady's friends who came to his pool party. You all made it so special. Brady had a blast with all of you.
So now we wait for the real day.....

3 comments:

Bonny said...

Such a fun party! I laughed when I read that Brady was totally confused by the early birthday party and thought he was another year older on his birthday. So cute. I love the pictures you got of all the kids.

Stacy said...

Thanks for the invite. We only live on the other side of the city, friend. Haha. I'm totally messing with you. I'm so glad he had such a wonderful bday.

Anita said...

Looks like such a fun birthday!! And Brady and Alex both look so much older! Happy Birthday Brady:) Don't let 2 months go by again without posting...we miss you guys.