So, yesterday was a crazy day....many different things happened throughout the day but nothing to terrible until about 6:15 pm last night. Joe was at a meeting so the kids and I were outside with the neighbor kids playing. There were all playing in our driveway with a frog that they had found. There I was sitting in my chair enjoying the nice weather when I see something moving out of the corner of my eye. It was a SNAKE. Now if you know me at all then you now that I am terrified of snakes. It can be almost worm size and I am moving out. So, there it is about 2 1/2 feet long and almost 2 inches thick (of course I am guessing on size but it was a significant size). Big enough for me....
It's moving around and starts climbing up a tree on the side of the house. I am in the middle of the street screaming. I know ridiculous but so true. Joe's gone so he's no help to me. Of course, I want it dead but I am not doing it so I asked one of the neighbors kids to get their dad to help. To the rescue he came with a rake and shovel. He managed to get it out of the tree and he killed it. Now I believe it's against the law in Maryland to kill a snake but I don't care.....
It's moving around and starts climbing up a tree on the side of the house. I am in the middle of the street screaming. I know ridiculous but so true. Joe's gone so he's no help to me. Of course, I want it dead but I am not doing it so I asked one of the neighbors kids to get their dad to help. To the rescue he came with a rake and shovel. He managed to get it out of the tree and he killed it. Now I believe it's against the law in Maryland to kill a snake but I don't care.....
After all this, I find out that they have actually seen quite a few snakes on our street in the last couple of years and he has killed a few. I am finding it hard to walk outside without running to the car and jumping in. I am ready to pack up and move to Ireland because there are no snakes there. I don't even visit the reptile house at the zoo. That's how scared I am.
No pictures...I am sure you can guess why.
No pictures...I am sure you can guess why.

3 comments:
I am laughing right now because I can totally picture you screaming and jumping around in your flip flops!! You know Hawaii doesn't have snakes either. Might be better than Ireland?
Oh, poor girl. I'm so sorry.
Yuck. I would totally do the same thing.
Post a Comment