So much has happened over the last few years but instead of going back lets move forward. In two short months, our family will be moving. Joe and I found out the last day of February but did not tell family & friends, including our children until just recently.
The reason for not telling people...WE WERE NOT HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not sure how to explain how we felt. All I can say is that it was a blow. This location wasn't on the list. I know that this location is a place where people live and call home. A place that people love and can't imagine living anywhere else. It's a location that they love so much like I love San Diego. We knew we were moving this summer that was no surprise. We spent a few months creating that list of possible places to go; we considered big ports, small ports, places I could put up with, places the kids would enjoy along with the cost of living and how big the LDS church was in the area. We spent countless hours deciding. Of course, San Diego was first on our list. LA was right behind it. But we also had east coast and the gulf coast locations of possibilities. All places were perfect jobs for Joe. Our kids wanted to go to San Diego, I wanted to go to San Diego, Joe wanted to go to San Diego. But I guess the coast guard didn't get the memo or didn't sense the tone of desperation in Joe and I.
Let me first say that yes the location for us is not very desirable. All I can think of are the mass number of mosquitos and the uncomfortable mess of the humidity. I guess I have become a snob...I grew up in San Diego, California where the weather is beautiful all year around. Not to hot, not to cold and no mosquitos. This was very unexpected. It's not necessarily a place that I would really ever consider going. But it is now, a place that my family and I will home for 1 to 3 years.
On a good note, I will be visiting this location in the first week of June to find a house and get the kids registered for school (school starts early out there). Hopefully, all will go smoothly when I visit. I hope to find the good and understand why that's where we need to be.
I have spent lots of time in tears and wondering why I did not get my way. Why my family and I can't go to the place where family is and what we call home. I have not given up hope that one day we will live in San Diego again but for now Lafayette, Louisiana will be the place we call home.
Disclaimer: My intentions were and are not to talk ill about Louisiana. I don't want to criticize anyone or speak badly of a place that many may love. As I said, this was a shock and we are all still adjusting :)

3 comments:
What?!?!!? Is this a joke? At dance, you told me something else.
Sara I am so sad!! I was hoping for LA:( I know what a bummer it is to live so far from family...and in a place that you would never choose. Not cool...any chance your orders will change? ON a happy note, I'm glad you blogged:)
Wow what a change. Good luck. You are so amazing people will love you there.
Post a Comment