Happy 6th Birthday Brady
Brady's birthday was last week July 5th. Besides having a party all Brady wanted to do was go to the pool and eat at McDonald's. Done. A pretty easy and low key day.

My kids love cheesecake especially when I make it. Chocolate cheesecake with strawberry sauce all over it. Very RICH but very YUMMY!

We spent the day at the pool with Brady's best friends Grayson, Thatcher & Jonah. Only Grayson isn't in this picture I think he's further down. Alex loves Jonah. Anytime he's around she plays mommy.

We brought McDonald's to the pool. I am not a fan of McDonald's but sacrificed for Brady's day. It was hard let me tell you :)

Brady is all about Legos. Here he is with his lego watch.

Here's Brady with his best buds...Grayson & Thatcher

Now for the birthday party. We did his party about 10 days earlier being that his birthday falls the day after the 4th of July & it being summer.
Of course, a Lego theme. Now I got a lot of my inspiration & ideas off the Internet and also using a friends blog. She did a lego party for her son & I used a lot of her ideas, Thanks Jadi!!!
I wrapped two big boxes with blue and green wrapping paper & then glued the same colored plastic cups on top to look like giant legos. They turned out pretty cute. I made Lego head pops and a lego cake.

These are the lego head pops. Super easy. Marshmellows dipped in melted candy mix from Michael's with lollipop sticks in the bottom. To make the top little piece of the head I just cut out circles from a marshmellow. I should have used mini m & m's. That would have been easier. For the faces I let Brady and Alex draw them with edible cake pens. Very easy but time consuming. I wish they were a little more smooth looking but I think they turned out cute.
If you like marshmellows then you will like these. Oh and to make them stand, I turned lego pieces over and put the sticks in the holders and layed legos all around to support the sticks.

I ordered lego plates & napkins online. For the goodie bags, I used colored bags and cut circles out of the same colored paper glued them to the bag to look like a lego. I put brick lego candy inside with a free lego magazine, lego stickers and a lego toy (that we all put together during the party)

I made these cute lego cracker snacks. Just crackers, cheese and cream cheese. Really cute.

When everyone got to the party they each got a lego toy to put together.

The kids had a good time putting these together. I was glad to have Joe there to help because I am not a lego mom. I can barely follow the directions and put together. But the boys all had directions to help put together. I was impressed because they were really concentrating and going as great job building the toy.

Here's my lego cake. The top pieces are marshmellows, of course. Brady's favorite color is green so we colored it green. I tried making it a darker green but couldn't get it dark enough. I was impressed with myself because I am not a cake decorator but I think it turned out great.
Brady loved it.

We also played a few games, one was lego toss.

Not a great picture but these are ice cube brick lego pieces and lego guys. I made them with kool-aid so they tasted pretty good. I had the kids put them in sprite which made them fizz. It was pretty cool. They kids loved these. After pulling these out of the freezer it's all they wanted. I think each kid had like 6. It was a hit.

Of course, it wouldn't be a party without jumping on the trampoline.

My big 6 year old.

Another group shot.

Dinner was pizza, chips and fruit.
It was a great party...I really loved planning this party and decorating for it.
Brady loved it as well. I will never forget his face when he saw the lego head pops, the cake and the big lego boxes. I think he was amazed that his mom could really do this. Brady loves legos so much that in his spare time whether its 30 minutes or 2 minutes he sits on the floor and puts together legos. He loves the ones that have directions. Its an engineer thing!
HAPPY 6th BIRTHDAY BRADY
3 comments:
Wow, you did such a great job on the party! The kids had a great time. I love all the little details you thought of. Brady is a lucky boy to have such a great mom!
So creative! You rocked the leggo party!
that is an amazing party idea. you amaze me
Post a Comment