Friday, January 28, 2011

Crazy Snow & A New Pet all in 1 week...

It has been a busy week for us...crazy snow & a new bunny.
Alex & Brady have been talking about getting a bunny for a while and I just keep saying, "oh I will think about it." That has been going on for several months. About a week ago, the kids decided to count their piggy bank money to see if they had enough to buy a bunny and yes they did. So they bought the bunny and mom bought the cage.
She is a sweet bunny. We say she because she is only 8 weeks old and too little to see if she's s she or a he. For now it's a she. The kids named her sparkle.
We Keep her in the kitchen and let her run around when we are home. My hopes are to litter box train her. We will see if it works. If you are familiar with bunnies they poop a lot and all over. Just little pebble looking poops that just keep coming.

She loves to walk all over you if you lay down plus Brady loves it.
Or sit in your lap.
In the same week we got about a foot of snow with a 18 hour power outage. It was a cold night and day but we were thankful that it was only 18 hours and not any longer.
Since it is too cold to go out riding our bike on the weekends, Joe loves to get it out when it snows to take a quick trip around the neighborhood. I don;t think the neighbors are too happy about it.
We made a snowman. We used Cheetos balls for eyes, a carrot for a nose and a stick for a mouth.
Brady loves to chill in the snow

4 comments:

KimberlyGanir said...

Kind of jealous of the snow, not the power outage, but I'll take the 60 degree sun that we're having!! I can't believe you got a bunny! She is so cute, my kids are gonna be jealous.

Anita said...

I am COMPLETELY jealous of your snow fun AND your bunny!! Wish we lived closer!

Abby said...

That's one darn cute bunny. Interesting name, too.

Jadi said...

I have to admit that I DO NOT miss Maryland snow storms. Even though it snows more often here in Utah it doesn't stick to the roads very long.

Cute bunny. :) We promised our kids one for moving to Florida. It never happened and I am pretty sure they forgot we ever promised. They do poop A LOT!

Tell the kids good job on the snowman, it turned out really cute.