Pictures are so out of order but I am lucky to have them posted...
Christmas and New Years was great.
New Years at some friends house...the kids loved doing sparklers and yes they stayed up until 1:00 am that night. It helped that Brady had a nap earlier that day.
All the kids enjoying some snacks...
Over Christmas break we went to the ice event down at the National Harbor. We had a blast. We were all amazed by the ice sculptures and color in each, Yes, they even had a ice slide.
I think this is Alex coming down.
This is Brady coming down. That was probably the best part.
This is all ICE behind the kids. Can you believe it?
So, they give you parkas to wear while inside the ICE exhibit because it it 9 degrees. I am serious. So cold!!!!! The jackets are kind of nasty because all kinds of people have been wearing them but trust me it was worth it because it is that cold. Hats, gloves, thermal, snow pants...all worth it.
But the kids were pretty warm.
Cute, Cute & Cute.
The Harbor. It was a pretty day out.
Down on the harbor was a weird statue...a giant. The kids are on his head and then his legs and arms are poking out somewhere else in the sand.
If you can see, Brady is actually in his mouth and Alex on his beard.
We also went down to the White House to see the Christmas tree. Not the best looking tree. I think I expected more. Every Christmas, people talk about the White House with its lights and big tree in front. I couldn't wait to see it but I was not impressed. I feel horrible saying that but it's the truth.
A closer look. The trains in front of the tree were cool. Brady and Alex just wanted to watch them all night.
Christmas day....Stockings. Brady already had the helmet and costume but he got the arc light for iron man in his stocking so he had to put everything on for the picture. I love how you can see his eyes in the eye part of the helmet.
We also went ice skating. The kids do a pretty good job.
Back to Christmas...Brady got a superman and wolverine action hero plus a robot iron man.
Brady really wanted a K'NEX (did i spell that right)roller coaster. That was the one thing he asked for. It took Brady and Joe 2 days to put it together. It had 565 pieces. I almost got the one that had 1032 pieces but opted for this one. Thank goodness. But it is pretty cool.
Alex and her stocking, She loves Taylor Swift, nail polish and head bands.
On Christmas we stayed home and hung out in our PJ's. It was great. My own attempt at a family Christmas day picture.
Alexandria wanted a Madame Alexander doll with some doll clothes. She still loves dolls. I really like that because she is getting older and no longer likes the princess things but still like dolls. I hope it will last a long time.

5 comments:
I was so excited to see this post. It made me miss living out there. I wanted to go to that ICE show so much. I even tried to convince my parents and Geoff to go the night before we pulled out in the moving truck. I was unsuccessful. :) I am glad you guys enjoyed the holidays and are having fun! We miss your family.
I want to go down that ice slide!!! Did you go on it Sarah?! I wish my girls still loved dolls:( Glad you all has such a fabulous Christmas!!
Great Christmas pics. Where's the lamp? Haha. So glad you had a great Christmas and New Year's.
Wow what fun. Oh and by the way our weather during Christmas was between 1-6 degrees. Those coats were hideous though.
I was going to ask what the deal was with the matching jackets. Now I know.
That sculpture of a giant coming up out of the sand is apparently pretty famous. Not famous enough for me to remember the name of it, but famous enough for it to be in the beginning of that movie called "The Net" with Sandra Bullock. Ah, it's called The Awakening, according to Google. Fun.
Post a Comment